Libraries typically have many questions when developing and maintaining their collections. How do you know what part of the collection is used most? How best to invest funds? In what items? What should go to which branches? And what should be removed from the collection?
V-eyeQ provides libraries with intelligence and insight for collection development and planning. With V-eyeQ, libraries develop a collection development strategy and plan with a clear view of what works – and what needs to be improved.
With V-eyeQ, libraries realize immediate savings. Libraries gain quick insight into the usage of the collections and can readily determine what to remove and what to add. Through a centralized view on collection performance and needs, libraries can now develop and maintain their collections in the most efficient and expedient way.
V-eyeQ delivers four key functions:
- Planning. V-eyeQ automatically creates a collection plan and helps you set goals for each budget year. Based on key performance indicators (KPIs) and available budget, V-eyeQ will calculate how many items to purchase, and how many to weed.
- Performance. With V-eyeQ, you immediately understand what parts of your collection perform - or underperform - from a usage perspective.
- Recommendations. V-eyeQ provides clear recommendations for item purchases, replacements, removals, and transfers.
- Acquisitions. Integrated with your back-end system’s acquisition module, V-eyeQ provides a wide array of data to help you with the selection process. Examples include the performance of specific works, authors, collection parts, subject headings, and more.
V-eyeQ at a glance:
- Collection development and planning
- Recommendations for purchasing and purging
- Performance analysis based on authors, titles, genres, keywords, etc.
- Benchmarking between library branches