Why sitting on the sidelines is high risk
The Factory of the Future is here and it is real. It is made up of disruptive technologies and a new mindset for problem solving and innovation. Sitting on the sidelines and taking a wait-and-see attitude is highly risky. This paradigm shift is widespread and bringing high impact change. The manufacturers who opt to "sit this one out" risk obsolescence or will be playing catch-up for the next decade, experts predict. Download this ebook for the executive-level overview of the issues and tips for starting to plan your strategy. If you only read one asset on the Factory of the Future, this should be it.
Did you know:
- According to a recent IDC survey, cloud services are at the top of manufacturers' IT initiatives. Just over 43% of manufacturers are using public clouds and 56% are using private clouds in pilot, proof of concept, or in production. 1
- Two-thirds of manufacturers are already adopting 3D printing, and it is estimated that the global 3D printer market will reach $6 billion by 2017.2
- McKinsey Global Institute estimates suggest that by fully implementing social technologies, companies have an opportunity to raise the productivity of interaction workers—high-skill knowledge workers, including managers and professionals—by 20 to 25%.3
- Early adopters of Factory of the Future technologies are seeing results—with 82% reporting increased effieciency.4
- Infor Value Engineering team can help you identify, quantify, and realize the tangible business benefits of embracing the next Industrial Revolution
1 Knickle, Kimberly, Newmark, Eric, Industry Clouds—A Vignette of Manufacturing Industry Adoption, IDC Manufacturing Insights, October 15, 2015.
2 Bono, Bobby, Manufacturers are Increasingly Leveraging the Power of Tech—Are You in that Number?, Industry Week, March 17, 2015.
3 Chui, Michael, Manyika, James, Bughin, Jacques, Dobbs, Richard, Roxburgh, Charles, Sarrazin, Hugo, Sands, Geoffrey, Westergren, Magdelena, The Social Economy: Unlocking Value and Productivity Through Social Technologies, McKinsey Global Institute, July, 2012.
4 Kennell, Brian, Smart Manufacturing: A Path to Profitable Growth, Huffington Post, May 20, 2015
Simply complete the brief form to the right.