Like the pounding of finishing machines in an apparel manufacturing plant, your business software systems also create a lot of noise. But, it’s a different type of disruption. Your business processes create data—an informational noise—that can drown out the actual functions of your day-to-day workflows.
One mistake many companies can make when they are selecting a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) system is to find a system that replicates their current environment—and all of its noise. Instead, you need a system that streamlines your processes into something quieter.
In this industry perspective written with the CIO top of mind you’ll be challenged to consider:
- Is your ERP vendor committed to product development?
- Does the vendor provide the option to host your ERP in the cloud?
- Do you need one single source of the truth?
- Will you have the openness and scalability you need to grow your business?
- Will you get actual flexibility or just bells and whistles?
- Does the vendor offer industry-specific, preconfigured solutions to get you up and running quickly?
We’ll then provide some insights into what to do when you’re ready.
Download this 6 page report free of charge.